Friday, October 30, 2009

Digging deeper





Needless to say I began to research Camper Rehabs on the web, to see what others had encountered. Many people posted trials and tribulations of their experiences and this info was extremely helpful! Since I am home during the day, I put on some old clothes and a pair of gloves and started to take things apart. One thing I learned was the deeper you dig the more you will find. How True! I decided after about 2 hours ino this I really hate square drive screws with a passion. Guys with really small arms an mini drills put all these screws in just to piss me off. I figured the more space I cleared on the inside the easy it would be restore. So the kids an I worked together and out went the tub, the toilet, the bunks, the table, the cabinets.. When Mike got home we removed the water heater, the pump anything else that got in my way.. Now at this time we were only 3 days into this project. The weather had been less then favorable rain , rain and more rain. I just needed one day of no rain so I could get up on the roof with a heat gun to removed the nasty stuff around the vent and reseal it. At least that would be a start. The roof is in releavtively good condition. But for now we will continue to work from the inside out....So back to the floor...What I came to find I did not expect...We contnued to remove the rotten whatever it was on the floor hoping along the way we would eventually find dry anything. This was not the case. once we hit the foam insulation that that to was saturated when that came up so did the underbelly on the rv...It was very discouraging I was no standing on the outside ground from inside the rv....I didn't know wether to laugh or cry... Mike assured me that we would be able to put it back together I was very doubtful...Back to the web for more research.. Here a are pictures..

No comments:

Post a Comment